SPEAK UP!


A lot of men today, walk about like a ticking time bomb waiting to explode at the slightest provocation. This instills violence in their nature as they walk about with a heart heavy as a crane with no one to share the burden with. A lady might be going through a crisis and she will cry out; ask her why she's crying with a little perseverance and she'll tell you and that is it. Men on the other hand, live in perpetual denial. Even when a man is caught crying, he'd look you in the eyes and tell you he's not crying.
A week ago, I wanted to get something at Wuse market, I saw a Taxi man with his head on his steering wheel and I thought maybe he was resting or sleeping. I knocked at the window, he raised his face and I saw his eyes. He was actually crying.  "Wuse market,” I was barely audible. 
 “250,” he replied without looking at me. He was struggling to clean his tears. I wanted to ask why he was crying but didn't know how to begin. He noticed by the way I was looking at him and he said, "Some tin just enta ma eyes." Gosh! You need to hear his voice; you won’t need a prophet to tell you he's a pathetic liar. I doubt if he believed his lie.
"Really? The both eyes?" I asked and he shook his head while the tears kept pouring profusely.
 I didn't know what to say to him. And by the look of things, he's not ready to share. Who knows what was eating him up to have pulled over by the street to cry? I know I might do little or nothing at all about the problem but there is some sort of healing in speaking up, you never can tell who's listen...help can only find you when you speak up!
                                                                                              I.J. Kalia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Kings

FATHERHOOD

JOURNALISM IN RAPIDLY-CHANGING WORLD